Begins January 16 at 6 PM
This class will be focusing more on the heart and less on rules. Our goal will be identifying ways that we can be a reflection of Christ in our home. As we meet together to explore our own hearts, it will help us learn how to ignite a love for Christ in the hearts of our children. Our time together will be a reminder of our ultimate purpose as parents! It will be a challenging yet refreshing journey through this book!
The 14 principles include:
- Calling - Nothing is more important in your life.
- Grace - God never calls you to something without giving you what you need to do it.
- Law - Children need to understand God’s law with grace.
- Inability - Being able to recognize what you are unable to do is essential to good parenting.
- Identity - Finding your identity in Christ and not your children.
- Process - Commit to the long view, change is a process.
- Lost - Look at the condition that causes bad behavior.
- Authority - Teaching and modeling the protective beauty of authority.
- Foolishness - Only God’s grace has the power to rescue fools.
- Character - Many times "wrong" is the result of lack of character, not rebellion to authority.
- False Gods - What rules your child’s heart will control their behavior.
- Control - The goal of parenting is not control of behavior, but rather heart and life change.
- Rest - We must rest in God’s presence and grace to find joy and patience in parenting.
- Mercy - No parent gives mercy better than the one who understands they desperately needs it themselves.